Provost presentating for the 3rd annual institute on the Future of Community Engagement in Higher Education
May 29, 2012
At Merrimack College's Summer Research Institute on June 23, Dr. DeCiccio described the Southern Vermont College’s Quest for Success first-year service-learning program and a centerpiece course in that program—one that helped Southern Vermont College (SVC) in being placed on the Carnegie Classification List for Community Engagement. He exhibited artifacts from the exhibitions as well as course materials and a syllabus. Participants had the opportunity to determine how to adapt the course at their institutions.
For three years, students at Southern Vermont College have participated in the genealogy course, “Finding Our Roots and Exploring the Faces of Diversity: Building the ‘I am. . .I am From’ Exhibit,” and have exhibited their ancestral findings, including family heirlooms, at the Bennington Museum. Follow the process leading to the construction of the exhibit for the past two years.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)