Provost presentating for the 3rd annual institute on the Future of Community Engagement in Higher Education
May 29, 2012
At Merrimack College's Summer Research Institute on June 23, Dr. DeCiccio described the Southern Vermont College’s Quest for Success first-year service-learning program and a centerpiece course in that program—one that helped Southern Vermont College (SVC) in being placed on the Carnegie Classification List for Community Engagement. He exhibited artifacts from the exhibitions as well as course materials and a syllabus. Participants had the opportunity to determine how to adapt the course at their institutions.
For three years, students at Southern Vermont College have participated in the genealogy course, “Finding Our Roots and Exploring the Faces of Diversity: Building the ‘I am. . .I am From’ Exhibit,” and have exhibited their ancestral findings, including family heirlooms, at the Bennington Museum. Follow the process leading to the construction of the exhibit for the past two years.
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- Nursing Students Present Study on Healthy Living
- Healthcare Mgmt and Advocacy Certificate Summer Course
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- Summer Research Course on Aging and Alzheimer's
- Student Hanifah Presley and Interfaith Council Honored at VCC Forum
- President Gross Reappointed to NEBHE
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics