Courses on Computers, Alzheimer's Research, and Online Offerings this Summer at Southern Vermont College
May 16, 2012
Southern Vermont College is offering a variety of classes to choose from this summer for academic credit or for personal enrichment (non-credit). In an effort to offer convenient formats, many of these courses will be available online.
Computer offerings include Fundamentals of Academic Computing, a hands-on introduction to using computers that begins on May 21. Introductory Algebra and College Algebra (an extension of basic algebra principles) begin May 29.
Online courses include Macro-Economics, Modern Poets, Topics in Environmental Studies, U.S. History I (the Colonial Era Through Reconstruction), Statistics, Social Problems, and Coaching Certificate. Individuals interested in an online course should register before May 21.
A Biological Science Research course at SVC will offer individuals an opportunity to become part of a unique research team studying the effects of aging and Alzheimer’s disease. The class will meet May 30 to June 20, and students will engage in hands-on research in cellular and molecular biology. In addition, a Healthcare Management and Advocacy (HMA) Certificate course will be offered from June 18 to 22, which will provide an in-depth exposure to the healthcare system in the United States.
A complete listing of summer courses, including days and times when classes meet, may be viewed online at www.svc.edu/registrar/schedule_summer_2012.pdf. For more information or to register for classes, contact the Office of Admissions at 802-447-6300 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information on the course Biological Science Research (on Alzheimer’s disease) or on the Healthcare Management and Advocacy Certificate course, contact Professor Barry Flanary at 802-447-4312 or e-mail email@example.com.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community