Provost Albert DeCiccio to Speak at Southern Vermont Educators Symposium
March 6, 2012
Provost Albert DeCiccio will speak at the Southern Vermont Educators Symposium at Maple Street School in Manchester on Friday, March 16. His topic will be "Transforming the Curriculum through Course Apprentices." This workshop will present an initiative using students to differentiate curriculum for other students. Part of a new effort to transform teaching and learning at Southern Vermont College, course apprentices are upper-level students who enroll in a credit-bearing course on tutoring and then serve as intermediaries in this process, helping novice students acquire the knowledge necessary to succeed in their courses. This model can be used in the elementary and high school classrooms.
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."