Provost Albert DeCiccio to Speak at Southern Vermont Educators Symposium
March 6, 2012
Provost Albert DeCiccio will speak at the Southern Vermont Educators Symposium at Maple Street School in Manchester on Friday, March 16. His topic will be "Transforming the Curriculum through Course Apprentices." This workshop will present an initiative using students to differentiate curriculum for other students. Part of a new effort to transform teaching and learning at Southern Vermont College, course apprentices are upper-level students who enroll in a credit-bearing course on tutoring and then serve as intermediaries in this process, helping novice students acquire the knowledge necessary to succeed in their courses. This model can be used in the elementary and high school classrooms.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- President's HuffPost on Reforming Student Loans
- Hear President Gross on Texas Public Radio re: Student Debt Options
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program