Spring Class Offerings from Forensics, Nutrition and Spanish to Philanthropy at Southern Vermont College
January 3, 2012
This spring, Southern Vermont College is offering a variety of courses that will be beneficial both to traditional learners working toward a degree and to those in the community who want to explore a topic of interest at the college level. Classes start Tuesday, January 18, in such areas as the arts, media, marketing publications, the environment, forensics, writing, language, and philanthropy. The College offers special rates for students over age 60 and for alumni of SVC or its predecessor, St. Joseph College.
Created by SVC’s McCormick Division of Business, the brand new course, “Philanthropy: Investing in the Community”, is designed to give students a first-hand experience with non-profit funding. In partnership with The Bank of Bennington, students in the class (which meets in the evening) will invite and review grants from community non-profits in need, and award an actual gift from the bank to a designated group.
For those with a desire to explore their artistic abilities, SVC will be offering Basic Drawing, Watercolor Painting, Creative Writing, and Effective Speaking. Classes in Media Writing, Professional Editing, and Editing and Publication Design offer opportunities for individuals to enhance business publications skills.
For small business owners looking to expand their marketing capabilities, Organizational Behavior, Current Environment of Globalism, and Social Entrepreneurship are being offered. For individuals interested in law enforcement, classes to choose from are Criminal Justice, Criminal Law, Criminology, and Police Organization and Management. The popular Forensics course is also available. Other courses of interest would be Conversational Spanish to be offered totally online, SVC Concert Band, Speaking for the Professions, Middle East Politics, and Information Technology.
A complete listing of the spring course schedule is viewable by clicking here. Space is limited in certain classes, so register now by calling the Registrar’s Office at 802-447-6324. There’s still time to enroll in a degree program at Southern Vermont College for the spring semester. Admissions staff is available to answer any questions by calling 802-447-6300 or e-mail email@example.com.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community