Healthcare Forum on "Tricks of the Trade: A Broadway Guide to Patient Care" at Southern Vermont College
October 20, 2011
Joshua Sherman, M.D., Hospitalist at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington, will lecture on “Tricks of the Trade: A Broadway Guide to Patient Care” at Southern Vermont College’s Everett Mansion Theatre on Thursday, Oct. 27, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. The general public is invited to the lecture.
A specialist in internal medicine, Dr. Sherman ponders the question, “What are the skills learned on Broadway that are applicable to the care of patients?” Dr. Sherman will relate his experience and skills as a stage designer and producer to the very important observation skills needed as a health professional. The goal of this event is to be an entertaining mix of art, theatre, and trauma. Dr. Sherman’s talk is part of a series to promote conversation and discussion about healthcare as well as topics across other disciplines such as the humanities, including art and music.
Dr. Sherman earned his doctorate degree from the State University of New York, Stony Brook School of Medicine in New York, and completed his residency training at Stony Brook University Medical Center in New York.
This event is the second healthcare forum in a series, which is sponsored by the Division of Nursing at Southern Vermont College. For more information, call 802-447-4661 or e-mail email@example.com.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)