Healthcare Forum on "Tricks of the Trade: A Broadway Guide to Patient Care" at Southern Vermont College
October 20, 2011
Joshua Sherman, M.D., Hospitalist at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington, will lecture on “Tricks of the Trade: A Broadway Guide to Patient Care” at Southern Vermont College’s Everett Mansion Theatre on Thursday, Oct. 27, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. The general public is invited to the lecture.
A specialist in internal medicine, Dr. Sherman ponders the question, “What are the skills learned on Broadway that are applicable to the care of patients?” Dr. Sherman will relate his experience and skills as a stage designer and producer to the very important observation skills needed as a health professional. The goal of this event is to be an entertaining mix of art, theatre, and trauma. Dr. Sherman’s talk is part of a series to promote conversation and discussion about healthcare as well as topics across other disciplines such as the humanities, including art and music.
Dr. Sherman earned his doctorate degree from the State University of New York, Stony Brook School of Medicine in New York, and completed his residency training at Stony Brook University Medical Center in New York.
This event is the second healthcare forum in a series, which is sponsored by the Division of Nursing at Southern Vermont College. For more information, call 802-447-4661 or e-mail email@example.com.
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- Info on Bennington Water Project Vote
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- Military Leader Speaks on King's Life and Legacy
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."