SVC Community Mourns the Loss of Selma Greenberg
October 11, 2011
|Pictured L-R: Selma Greenberg, husband Norman Greenberg, and SVC President Karen Gross|
On Oct. 8, 2011, SVC has lost one of its most remarkable friends and supporters, Selma Greenberg, wife of Norman Greenberg. We all mourn the loss of this extraordinary woman. Mrs. Greenberg exhibited grace and dignity throughout her life, and her sense of humor and warmth were always present. The Greenbergs were deep believers in SVC's mission and always reflected on the important role the college played within the Bennington community. President Karen Gross remarked, in expressing her sense of profound loss at the passing of Mrs. Greenberg, "The Greenbergs welcomed me into their home and heart when I arrived in Bennington, and I am deeply saddened that Mrs. Greenberg will no longer be with us. We extend our condolences to her husband Norman and the entire Greenberg family. Our thoughts are with them at this very difficult time, and Mrs. Greenberg's legacy of friendship and support will be with us always."
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community