SVC Celebrates Third Annual National Day on Writing
September 30, 2011
Students from the Advanced Composition course at Southern Vermont College will host this year’s National Day on Writing on Thursday, Oct. 20, from 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. in the Everett Mansion’s Theatre. The public is invited to attend and listen to SVC students, faculty, administrators, and staff read their writing.
Leading up to the event, the Advanced Composition students and Professor Michelle Deal will be curating a gallery of writing through the National Gallery of Writing. These galleries will also be hosted by schools, community organizations and other institutions from around the country. Southern Vermont College is only one of four institutions of higher learning in the state of Vermont that currently has a virtual gallery to display writers’ works." SVC has a commitment to writing across majors and fields of study,” said Deal. “Students show pride in their work, and this is a way to celebrate their writing.”
The National Day on Writing was established by the National Council of Teachers of English. The U.S Congress recently established that Oct. 20 is now the National Day on Writing.
For more information, call 802-447-6354 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Adjunct Faculty Member Speaks on "Keeping Vermont Spooky" at VT Vets Home
- "Wonder" Focus of Talk by Elem. Teacher Sam Drazin
- President Gross's HuffPost: "Rinse and and Repeat Does Not Work for College Admissions..."
- SVC Trustee's New Book on MahJongg Featured in NYTimes
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC