Staff Members Offer Workshops at VEOP Conference
September 30, 2011
On October 11, Learning Cooperative Coordinator Catherine Burns and Academic Counselor Rosalie Fox will present workshops at the Vermont Educational Opportunity Program Conference at Vermont Technical College in Randolph, Vt. - a conference for Vermont TRiO professionals.
Catherine Burns' workshop is titled "Completing the certification process for CRLA (College Reading and Learning Association)." The workshop is for tutoring coordinators. Recently, after being trained to be a reviewer for CRLA, Burns plans to share the information she gathered to help others complete the certification process.
Rosalie Fox's workshop is titled "Maximizing Social Capital: Networking as a strategy for our students' educational and professional success." The workshop will help participants build their own expertise as networkers so they can help their students shape their futures more successfully.
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Adjunct Faculty Member Speaks on "Keeping Vermont Spooky" at VT Vets Home
- "Wonder" Focus of Talk by Elem. Teacher Sam Drazin
- President Gross's HuffPost: "Rinse and and Repeat Does Not Work for College Admissions..."
- SVC Trustee's New Book on MahJongg Featured in NYTimes
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC