Assistant Professor of Mathematics Jennifer Nelson, Ph.D., to be Named Secretary of the Ecological Society of America's Theory Section
August 5, 2011
Assistant Professor of Mathematics Jennifer Nelson, Ph.D., of The John Merck Division of Science and Technology, has been named Secretary of the Ecological Society of America’s (ESA) Theory section, a group of math biologists who use math tools and modeling to understand biological and ecological processes and systems. Professor Nelson will be inducted at the ESA’s Annual Meeting in Austin, TX, mid-August.
The Ecological Society of America is the country's primary professional organization of ecologists, representing over 10,000 scientists in the United States and around the world. Since its founding in 1915, ESA has diligently pursued the promotion of the responsible application of ecological principles to the solution of environmental problems through ESA reports, journals, research, and expert testimony to Congress. ESA offers a professional Certification Program for ecologists. ESA maintains a List of Certified Ecologists.
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- Summer Course Offerings
- Nursing Students Present Study on Healthy Living
- Healthcare Mgmt and Advocacy Certificate Summer Course
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- President Gross Reappointed to NEBHE
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics