Assistant Professor of Mathematics Jennifer Nelson, Ph.D., to be Named Secretary of the Ecological Society of America's Theory Section
August 5, 2011
Assistant Professor of Mathematics Jennifer Nelson, Ph.D., of The John Merck Division of Science and Technology, has been named Secretary of the Ecological Society of America’s (ESA) Theory section, a group of math biologists who use math tools and modeling to understand biological and ecological processes and systems. Professor Nelson will be inducted at the ESA’s Annual Meeting in Austin, TX, mid-August.
The Ecological Society of America is the country's primary professional organization of ecologists, representing over 10,000 scientists in the United States and around the world. Since its founding in 1915, ESA has diligently pursued the promotion of the responsible application of ecological principles to the solution of environmental problems through ESA reports, journals, research, and expert testimony to Congress. ESA offers a professional Certification Program for ecologists. ESA maintains a List of Certified Ecologists.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community