SVC Class Wins Pell Grant Video Contest
May 3, 2011Well, We KNEW that we COULD!
The Association of Vermont Independent Colleges (AVIC) has announced that SVC is the winner of their Pell Grant YouTube contest, thanks to the quick-action and creativity of Professor Eric Despard’s History of Rock and Roll class, in producing a fun rap video to the tune of Queen’s “We Will Rock You.” AVIC has posted the SVC submission (and will announce the win) on its site:
and the video can also be viewed below:
Eric’s class will use the prize money to celebrate with a pizza party this week and the Financial Aid office will determine, by June 30, the incoming student who will receive the additional Pell Grant award of $1900. Thanks go to Eric and his talented class, and to all of you who viewed the video!
Jody Schade, MA, Instructor, The Hunter Division of Humanities.
- Business Professor and Students Invited to Sports Sustainability Competition
- Philanthropy Project Enters 4th Year
- SVC and Albright College Team Up for Alternative Spring Break Project
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES
- 2015 Sarnoff Speech Contest
- Admissions Materials Win Gold & Silver Awards from National Ad Competition
- Office of the President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.