SVC Class Wins Pell Grant Video Contest
May 3, 2011Well, We KNEW that we COULD!
The Association of Vermont Independent Colleges (AVIC) has announced that SVC is the winner of their Pell Grant YouTube contest, thanks to the quick-action and creativity of Professor Eric Despard’s History of Rock and Roll class, in producing a fun rap video to the tune of Queen’s “We Will Rock You.” AVIC has posted the SVC submission (and will announce the win) on its site:
and the video can also be viewed below:
Eric’s class will use the prize money to celebrate with a pizza party this week and the Financial Aid office will determine, by June 30, the incoming student who will receive the additional Pell Grant award of $1900. Thanks go to Eric and his talented class, and to all of you who viewed the video!
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- Learning Cooperative Coordinator Becomes a Certified Master Reviewer
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)