SVC Class Wins Pell Grant Video Contest
May 3, 2011Well, We KNEW that we COULD!
The Association of Vermont Independent Colleges (AVIC) has announced that SVC is the winner of their Pell Grant YouTube contest, thanks to the quick-action and creativity of Professor Eric Despard’s History of Rock and Roll class, in producing a fun rap video to the tune of Queen’s “We Will Rock You.” AVIC has posted the SVC submission (and will announce the win) on its site:
and the video can also be viewed below:
Eric’s class will use the prize money to celebrate with a pizza party this week and the Financial Aid office will determine, by June 30, the incoming student who will receive the additional Pell Grant award of $1900. Thanks go to Eric and his talented class, and to all of you who viewed the video!
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."