Healthcare Management, Public Speaking Among Southern Vermont College Summer Course Offerings
May 13, 2011
From Healthcare to Social Problems, Southern Vermont College is offering a variety of classes to choose from this summer for academic credit or for personal enrichment (non-credit). SVC is also offering 11 online courses and a low-residency course.
Courses include Effective Speaking, Fundamentals of Academic Computing (a hands-on introduction to using computers), Introductory Algebra, Statistical Methods, Anatomy and Physiology II, Biological Science Research (on Alzheimer’s disease), and Health Assessment. In addition, a Healthcare Management and Advocacy Certificate course (for two credits) will be offered three days during the last week of June.
Students in the low-residency course, American Visions, will meet only for the first class. The listing for online classes includes Macro-Economics, Children’s Literature, U.S. History II: Reconstruction through the Present, Marketing, Management Ethics, and Social Problems.
A complete listing of summer courses, including days and times when classes meet, may be viewed online at www.svc.edu/registrar/schedule_summer_2011.pdf. The cost for a three-credit course is $1,200 (other than nursing and radiologic technology). Most of the courses may be audited for $100 per non-credit (on a space-available basis). Alumni with a bachelor’s degree from SVC and alumni from St. Joseph College are eligible to take classes for $250 per credit.
For more information or to register for classes, contact the Admissions Office at 802-447-6304 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information on the course Biological Science Research (on Alzheimer’s disease) or on the Healthcare Management and Advocacy Certificate course, contact Professor Barry Flanary at 802-447-4312 or e-mail email@example.com.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community