Southern Vermont College Launches a New PLAN
April 4, 2011
Southern Vermont College has unveiled a new initiative which helps make a career in nursing more affordable for interested students. The President’s Leadership Award for Nursing (PLAN) program offers students who are currently enrolled in community college and have met the prerequisites the opportunity to continue their education and career path at SVC, with cost-saving incentives.
The PLAN offers eligible students a $7,500 scholarship, a free Nursing I textbook, and involvement in Monthly Leadership Seminars and a weekly Nursing Boot Camp. Southern Vermont College’s small classroom size, low student-teacher ratio, “Hands on Learning” environment and new Simulation Lab offers many advantages over other programs. “At SVC a student receives a private college education at a state college price,” said Director of Admissions Jeremy Gibbons. “The PLAN helps make a nursing degree even more affordable.”
Southern Vermont College’s Division of Nursing offers both ADN and BSN programs, multiple clinical sites in Vermont and Massachusetts, national and state accreditation, multiple channels of academic and peer support, and a top-notch faculty with in-depth, professional experience.
To qualify for the PLAN, students must enroll by July 15, 2011. Interested students are encouraged to visit www.svc.edu/plan to see a short video on the program, to contact Admissions Office at 802-447-6304 or email@example.com, or apply online.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community