Southern Vermont College Launches a New PLAN
April 4, 2011
Southern Vermont College has unveiled a new initiative which helps make a career in nursing more affordable for interested students. The President’s Leadership Award for Nursing (PLAN) program offers students who are currently enrolled in community college and have met the prerequisites the opportunity to continue their education and career path at SVC, with cost-saving incentives.
The PLAN offers eligible students a $7,500 scholarship, a free Nursing I textbook, and involvement in Monthly Leadership Seminars and a weekly Nursing Boot Camp. Southern Vermont College’s small classroom size, low student-teacher ratio, “Hands on Learning” environment and new Simulation Lab offers many advantages over other programs. “At SVC a student receives a private college education at a state college price,” said Director of Admissions Jeremy Gibbons. “The PLAN helps make a nursing degree even more affordable.”
Southern Vermont College’s Division of Nursing offers both ADN and BSN programs, multiple clinical sites in Vermont and Massachusetts, national and state accreditation, multiple channels of academic and peer support, and a top-notch faculty with in-depth, professional experience.
To qualify for the PLAN, students must enroll by July 15, 2011. Interested students are encouraged to visit www.svc.edu/plan to see a short video on the program, to contact Admissions Office at 802-447-6304 or email@example.com, or apply online.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)