New England Collegiate Conference Players of the Week
September 14, 2010
PLAYER OF THE WEEK — Southern Vermont junior setter Hershey Canta (Bataan, Philippines) led her team to a 3-1 week while being named to the Kean University All-Tournament team. The Mountaineers defeated Cooper Union, St. Joseph’s (Brooklyn) and St. Elizabeth all in three sets, falling to host Kean 3-0. Canta was impressive from behind the back-line with 17 service aces. She tallied 73 assists (3.75per set), 19kills (1.58 kills per set), 45 digs (3.75 per set), and 17 service aces (1.42 aces per set) and four block solos.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK — Southern Vermont College junior forward Nick Haggerty (Wynantskill, N.Y.) was the key factor in the Mountaineers 1-0 victory over Castleton. This was the Mountaineers first win over Castleton since 1999. Haggerty notched the game winner in the 16th minute of play, breaking up a tough defensive battle for Southern Vermont.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"