New England Collegiate Conference Players of the Week
September 14, 2010
PLAYER OF THE WEEK — Southern Vermont junior setter Hershey Canta (Bataan, Philippines) led her team to a 3-1 week while being named to the Kean University All-Tournament team. The Mountaineers defeated Cooper Union, St. Joseph’s (Brooklyn) and St. Elizabeth all in three sets, falling to host Kean 3-0. Canta was impressive from behind the back-line with 17 service aces. She tallied 73 assists (3.75per set), 19kills (1.58 kills per set), 45 digs (3.75 per set), and 17 service aces (1.42 aces per set) and four block solos.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK — Southern Vermont College junior forward Nick Haggerty (Wynantskill, N.Y.) was the key factor in the Mountaineers 1-0 victory over Castleton. This was the Mountaineers first win over Castleton since 1999. Haggerty notched the game winner in the 16th minute of play, breaking up a tough defensive battle for Southern Vermont.
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin
- Sarah Lampro Defies Death Valley for 100-Mile JDRF Bike Ride
- Adjunct Faculty Member Speaks on "Keeping Vermont Spooky" at VT Vets Home
- "Wonder" Focus of Talk by Elem. Teacher Sam Drazin
- President Gross's HuffPost: "Rinse and and Repeat Does Not Work for College Admissions..."
- SVC Trustee's New Book on MahJongg Featured in NYTimes
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC