New England Collegiate Conference Players of the Week
September 14, 2010
PLAYER OF THE WEEK — Southern Vermont junior setter Hershey Canta (Bataan, Philippines) led her team to a 3-1 week while being named to the Kean University All-Tournament team. The Mountaineers defeated Cooper Union, St. Joseph’s (Brooklyn) and St. Elizabeth all in three sets, falling to host Kean 3-0. Canta was impressive from behind the back-line with 17 service aces. She tallied 73 assists (3.75per set), 19kills (1.58 kills per set), 45 digs (3.75 per set), and 17 service aces (1.42 aces per set) and four block solos.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK — Southern Vermont College junior forward Nick Haggerty (Wynantskill, N.Y.) was the key factor in the Mountaineers 1-0 victory over Castleton. This was the Mountaineers first win over Castleton since 1999. Haggerty notched the game winner in the 16th minute of play, breaking up a tough defensive battle for Southern Vermont.
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)