Veteran Student Services
The Southern Vermont College Office of Veteran Student Services is committed to working with veterans and military-connected family members. The office assists prospective students with the admissions and enrollment process, including veteran benefits. The Director of Veterans' Students Services Program (VSSP) serves as a resource, liaison and advocate for veteran students, as well as a resource for campus staff to better serve veteran students.
• SVC’s new student orientation includes time set aside for incoming student veterans to meet with the Director of the Veterans' Students Services Program and hear firsthand the veteran support structures SVC has.
• Calendar of Events: Keeping student veterans abreast of the calendar of events, including special events they may want to participate in.
• The SVC VSP actively participates in the VALOR (Veterans Academy of Learning Opportunities for Residents) Program at the Vermont Veterans' Home in Bennington. SVC Student Veterans who desire to participate in enriching the lives of residents of the VT Veterans' Home are actively encouraged to do so.
• New student veterans are presented an SVC Challenge Coin in front of their friends and family to further reinforce the fact that they are an integral part of SVC and the VSSP.
Southern Vermont College is a member of Student Veterans of America.
The SVCVA is an official chapter of Student Veterans of America and is committed to supporting student Veterans on campus and beyond.
Sara Diane Nolan, MSW
Adjunct Faculty, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences
- Greg Gilmore '12 New Head Men's Soccer Coach
- SVC Board Appoints Two New Members
- SVC Hosts 89th Commencment Ceremony
- Northshire Bookstore Hosts Student Authors of Publishing Series
- Sign up Now for Online or On-Campus Summer Classes
- SVC Granted Approval for Online Nursing BSN Program
- David Evans Inaugurated as Ninth President of SVC
- Introducing The Good Neighbor Scholarship for Students in Area Communities