Pipelines into Partnership:
Mountaineer Scholars 2012
Overview - Pipelines into Partnership
Pipelines into Partnership is an initiative designed to support the progress of vulnerable students before and through their college experience. Pipelines also creates a replicable and scalable model that can be deployed by a wide range of sending and destination partners. The project promotes success through a four-part approach: (1) changed admissions paradigm; (2) cohort development of students and parents; (3) reciprocal feedback loop between sending and receiving institutions; and (4) quality financial aid packaging without parental borrowing.
Who are the Mountaineer Scholars?
- Of the 34 students, 32 remain enrolled at SVC.
- For the first year, 2011 Mountaineer Scholar Cohort earned cumulative GPA of 2.66CPGA verse 2.82CPGA for the collective first-year students at SVC.
- For the first semester, 2012 Mountaineer Scholar Cohort earned cumulative GPA of 2.51CPGA verse 3.01CPGA for the collective first-year students at SVC.
- The 32 Mountaineer Scholars participated in campus events an average of 14 times, compared to 6.2 times for other students. These data suggest key connections are being made and engagement fostered critical components of student retention.
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President