Pipelines into Partnership:
Mountaineer Scholars 2012
Overview - Pipelines into Partnership
Pipelines into Partnership is an initiative designed to support the progress of vulnerable students before and through their college experience. Pipelines also creates a replicable and scalable model that can be deployed by a wide range of sending and destination partners. The project promotes success through a four-part approach: (1) changed admissions paradigm; (2) cohort development of students and parents; (3) reciprocal feedback loop between sending and receiving institutions; and (4) quality financial aid packaging without parental borrowing.
Who are the Mountaineer Scholars?
- Of the 34 students, 32 remain enrolled at SVC.
- For the first year, 2011 Mountaineer Scholar Cohort earned cumulative GPA of 2.66CPGA verse 2.82CPGA for the collective first-year students at SVC.
- For the first semester, 2012 Mountaineer Scholar Cohort earned cumulative GPA of 2.51CPGA verse 3.01CPGA for the collective first-year students at SVC.
- The 32 Mountaineer Scholars participated in campus events an average of 14 times, compared to 6.2 times for other students. These data suggest key connections are being made and engagement fostered critical components of student retention.
Melissa North, Instructor, Division of Nursing.
- Remarks by Commencement Speaker/Honorary Degree Recipient/Author/professor Moustafa Bayoumi
- SVC grads urged: Color outside the lines
- Graduates experience laughter, tears and wisdom
- Author Moustafa Bayoumi Commencement Speaker; Former President Karen Gross to Receive Honorary Degree
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES