Parents & Families
READ THE PARENT CONNECTIONS BLOG HERE.
Welcome to the Southern Vermont College Parents Home Page. Parents and families are an integral part of a student's College experience. Together with Southern Vermont College faculty, staff and administrators the parents and families of our students provide the support, encouragement and understanding that enables us to challenge minds and change lives.
Students can now receive a tax credit for their books and course materials!. Under the newly created American Opportunity Tax Credit, textbooks and other course material expenses–along with tuition and fees incurred in 2009 and 2010 not covered by scholarships or grants–may be claimed as a tax credit on that year’s tax return. Students may be eligible for a tax credit up to $2,500. It is important to keep a record of all expenses to be eligible. For more information, see http://www.textbookaid.org/.
Parent Quick Links
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Aid
- Academic Calendar
- Events Calendar
- Support SVC
- Pay Student Account Online
E-mail Quick Links
- Campus Safety
- Residence Life
- Career Development
- Financial Aid
- Student Accounts
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President