Healthcare Management and Advocacy Certificate Program
A week-long certificate program is available in Healthcare Management and Advocacy (HMA). The HMA and Certificate course is an overview of the U.S. healthcare system. Topics covered include Introduction to Healthcare; Diversity and Cultural Competency in Healthcare; Basic Issues of Aging; Assessment, Interviewing and Communications Skills; Healthcare Financing; Healthcare Planning and Law; and Simulation Learning in a Simulation Lab. Upon completion of the program, students will earn two academic credits.
For additional information, contact the program office at 802-447-4661.
Below are some images of the Senior Whole Health participants from the Summer 2011 HMA Certificate Program:
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President