Sarah Valentine-Maher, M.S.N., B.S.N., F.N.P., R.N.
instructor, the division of Nursing
Healthcare Education Center
- M.S., Columbia University School of Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Program, New York, N.Y.
- B.S., Nursing, Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, N.Y.
- B.S., Biology, St. Lawrence University, Canton, N.Y. Double Major: Biology and Government, Minor: African Studies
- Nu101 Introduction to Nursing
- Nu150 Nursing Fundamentals
- Nu360 Nursing of Families, Groups and Communities
- Nu200 Psychiatric Nursing (Clinical Section)
Constructivist and concept based pedagogy in community health nursing
Pedagogical strategies for Doctor of Nursing Practice skill acquisition in health policy
Eros and Agape in nursing role development
Nursing role in affecting determinants of health
Nursing engagement with environment
Nursing and lay health workers (Promatoras de Salud)
areas of expertise
Nursing Role Development
Why I teach
I am inspired by the motivations of nursing students and am honored to support students in processes of growth and empowerment as they move into the roles of providers of care and change agents for individuals and communities.
My Antonia by Willa Cather
La Double Vie de Veronique
Best part of being at SVC
I value being part of a community with a shared ethos of prioritizing support of student development.
highlightsNovember 2012 - Presented at the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Baccalaureate Education Conference, San Antonio, TX.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community