Jane Uva, MD
ADJUNCT FACULTY, the john merck division of science and technology
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- School of Public Health , State University of New York, Albany, Preventive Medicine
- Residency: Wright State university School of Medicine, Dayton, OH, Emergency Medicine
- Post-Graduate: Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- MPH, Master of Public Health, Health Care Management and Policy, Maternal and Child Health
- Medical School: Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, OH
- MD, Doctor of Medicine
- Undergraduate: Vanderbilt University/Peabody College, Nashville, TN
- BS, Organizational Behavior and Human Development
- Related work, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Thesis: "Adolescence Health Education"
- Anatomy and Physiology
Health education and leadership, classroom to community outreach, academic success for healthcare students
areas of expertise
Public health, health care policy, hospital compliance, health education, preventive medicine, adult emergency medicine, pediatric emergency medicine, occupational health, college health
Why I teach
I have always wanted to teach, and "Doctor" means to teach in Latin.
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
Facing the Giants
Best part of being at SVC
The people who work here really care for students!
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President