Jody June Schade, MA
part-time instructor, the hunter division of humanities
Everett Mansion 353
- MA, English, Roosevelt University, 2004
- BA, English, Southern Vermont College, 2000
- English Composition 101 and 102
- Effective Speaking
- Writing Lab
Southern Gothic Fiction, 19th and 20th Century American Women's Fiction, Gender Issues, Movement of Space and Time in Literature
Why I teach
I teach because I find the interaction--intellectually, socially, culturally and emotionally--that occurs in a classroom amazing. Also, when I was a student, I had the honor of being taught by an incredible group of individuals who invested in me and my education personally. I have never forgotten that gift, and I want to give that back to my own students.
My husband once said to me, "You don't read books, you inhale them." Truer words have never been spoken. A few favorites, though, would be: The Mists of Avalon, The Awakening, anything by Anne Tyler, anything by Adriana Trigiani, and Ahab's Wife.
Too many to list, but a couple of favorites would be: It Happened One Night, Mildred Pierce, the Harry Potter films, and Pride and Prejudice with Greer Garson and Lawrence Olivier.
Best part of being at SVC
I had an incredible experience as a student here. I discovered a passion for learning, met my future husband and came into my own at SVC. I want to be a part of that awakening for my own students and give to them the same gifts that my professors gave to me.
Jody Schade, MA, Instructor, The Hunter Division of Humanities.
- Business Professor and Students Invited to Sports Sustainability Competition
- Philanthropy Project Enters 4th Year
- SVC and Albright College Team Up for Alternative Spring Break Project
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES
- 2015 Sarnoff Speech Contest
- Admissions Materials Win Gold & Silver Awards from National Ad Competition
- Office of the President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.