Jody June Schade, MA
part-time instructor, the hunter division of humanities
Everett Mansion 353
- MA, English, Roosevelt University, 2004
- BA, English, Southern Vermont College, 2000
- English Composition 101 and 102
- Effective Speaking
- Writing Lab
Southern Gothic Fiction, 19th and 20th Century American Women's Fiction, Gender Issues, Movement of Space and Time in Literature
Why I teach
I teach because I find the interaction--intellectually, socially, culturally and emotionally--that occurs in a classroom amazing. Also, when I was a student, I had the honor of being taught by an incredible group of individuals who invested in me and my education personally. I have never forgotten that gift, and I want to give that back to my own students.
My husband once said to me, "You don't read books, you inhale them." Truer words have never been spoken. A few favorites, though, would be: The Mists of Avalon, The Awakening, anything by Anne Tyler, anything by Adriana Trigiani, and Ahab's Wife.
Too many to list, but a couple of favorites would be: It Happened One Night, Mildred Pierce, the Harry Potter films, and Pride and Prejudice with Greer Garson and Lawrence Olivier.
Best part of being at SVC
I had an incredible experience as a student here. I discovered a passion for learning, met my future husband and came into my own at SVC. I want to be a part of that awakening for my own students and give to them the same gifts that my professors gave to me.
Tom Redden, Professor of History and Politics
- US Dept of Ed Renews Funds for Support Services at SVC
- Scott Fitzgerald New Volleyball Coach
- Muffie Harvey Rides Again!
- Enrich Your Life Through Fall Classes
- James C. White II, Ph.D., Named Provost
- Graduates in Radiologic Sciences Receive 100% Pass Rate on ARRT Exam
- Nursing Division Accredited by CCNE