Jody June Schade, M.A.
part-time instructor, the hunter division of humanities
Everett Mansion 353
- M.A., English, Roosevelt University, 2004
- B.A., English, Southern Vermont College, 2000
- English Composition 101 and 102
- Effective Speaking
- Writing Lab
Southern Gothic Fiction, 19th and 20th Century American Women's Fiction, Gender Issues, Movement of Space and Time in Literature
Why I teach
I teach because I find the interaction--intellectually, socially, culturally and emotionally--that occurs in a classroom amazing. Also, when I was a student, I had the honor of being taught by an incredible group of individuals who invested in me and my education personally. I have never forgotten that gift, and I want to give that back to my own students.
My husband once said to me, "You don't read books, you inhale them." Truer words have never been spoken. A few favorites, though, would be: The Mists of Avalon, The Awakening, anything by Anne Tyler, anything by Adriana Trigiani, and Ahab's Wife.
Too many to list, but a couple of favorites would be: It Happened One Night, Mildred Pierce, the Harry Potter films, and Pride and Prejudice with Greer Garson and Lawrence Olivier.
Best part of being at SVC
I had an incredible experience as a student here. I discovered a passion for learning, met my future husband and came into my own at SVC. I want to be a part of that awakening for my own students and give to them the same gifts that my professors gave to me.
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- Summer Course Offerings
- Nursing Students Present Study on Healthy Living
- Healthcare Mgmt and Advocacy Certificate Summer Course
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- President Gross Reappointed to NEBHE
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics