Nicole A. Myers, MA
adjunct faculty, the hunter division of humanities
- Certificate of Advanced Study, Women's Studies, University of Rhode Island
- MA, English, State University of New York, New Paltz
- BA, English (Writing Sequence), University at Albany, State University of New York
- English Composition I
Feminist rhetoric, gender studies, visual design including visual rhetorics
areas of expertise
Why I teach
The writing classroom is a place where one not only develops strategies for communicating their ideas and belief systems to others, but also an arena to examine where our individual and communal ideas and beliefs come from. I teach because I believe that there is power in the ability to communicate clearly and coherently with those we share this world with. Watching each new batch of students develop and release their ideas into the world lights up my life.
My favorite book really depends on the mood I am in on a certain day and what is going on in the world around me. Persepolis and Persepolis 2 by Marjane Satrapi are my favorite graphic novels, and I always recommend them to my students, because the narrative telling of Satrapi's girlhood in Tehran combined with engaging images is a powerful reminder of the struggles we all face in today's world.
The original Star Wars trilogy tops my list of films.
Best part of being at SVC
The small campus environment is what drew me to SVC. It allows more interaction with students and generates a deeper community connection than I have felt at any other college. Of course, the view isn't too shabby either!.
Jody Schade, MA, Instructor, The Hunter Division of Humanities.
- Philanthropy Project Enters 4th Year
- SVC and Albright College Team Up for Alternative Spring Break Project
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES
- 2015 Sarnoff Speech Contest
- Admissions Materials Win Gold & Silver Awards from National Ad Competition
- Office of the President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.