Diana Michalczuk, PsyD
adjunct faculty, the donald everett axinn division of social sciences
- PsyD, Clinical Psychology, Midwestern University, 2010
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Midwestern University 2007
- BS, Psychology, Loyola University, Chicago, 2005
- Clinical Neuropsychology of Aging
This course is patient based, therefore students learn about various dementias and the neuropsychological assessments and imaging studies used to support these diagnoses. Then students apply this knowledge to actual patient cases and provide a diagnosis and treatment plan.
The effects of supplements on cognition. Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. Currently, I am involved in working with patients in several different clinical trials aimed at slowing or halting the progression of Alzheimer's disease at the Memory Clinic.
areas of expertise
Neuropsychological assessment and diagnosis of various dementias/neurodegenerative disorders.
Psychotherapy with adolescents and adults.
Why I teach
I enjoy sharing knowledge and breaking down challenging concepts into palatable information for students. I enjoy when students use their previously acquired knowledge and apply it to new concepts, making connections, and seeing them develop critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Best part of being at SVC
Students at SVC are willing to learn, and the small class size allows for more intimate discussions of topics and patient cases and for building relationships with students. In my course-making connections between learned knowledge and application to real life is important, therefore students have the opportunity to observe actual patients at the Memory Clinic that are undergoing evaluation in pursuit of a diagnosis.
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- James G. Waldon Joins SVC as Director of Campus Safety
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.