Catherine McKeen, PhD
adjunct faculty, the Donald everett Axinn division of social sciences
Everett Mansion 336
- PhD, Philosophy, Rutgers University
- MA, Philosophy, Washington University
- BA, Philosophy, Wellesley College
what I do
I'm the Director for the Center for Teaching and Learning at Southern Vermont College. In this role, I work to provide SVC students the academic support that will help them achieve their best potential. I also direct the TRiO program at SVC. TRiO is a government-funded program that gives low-income students, first-generation students and students with learning differences access to the resources they need to thrive in college and beyond.
Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, Plato's Republic, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Lunch Poems by Frank O'Hara, Persuasion by Jane Austen, The Continental Op by Dashiell Hammett and usually whatever I'm currently reading for fun.
The Royal Tenenbaums, His Girl Friday, The Piano, Harold and Maude, The Wire, Arrested Development, Sherlock, Drag Race and Homicide: Life on the Streets.
Best part of being at SVC
I think the best part of being at SVC for me is being part of a close-knit community that is really dedicated to seeing students make the most of their education and talents.
Jody Schade, MA, Instructor, The Hunter Division of Humanities.
- Business Professor and Students Invited to Sports Sustainability Competition
- Philanthropy Project Enters 4th Year
- SVC and Albright College Team Up for Alternative Spring Break Project
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES
- 2015 Sarnoff Speech Contest
- Admissions Materials Win Gold & Silver Awards from National Ad Competition
- Office of the President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.