Catherine McKeen, Ph.D.
assistant professor, the Donald everett Axinn division of social sciences
Everett Mansion 336
- Ph.D., Philosophy, Rutgers University
- M.A., Philosophy, Washington University
- B.A., Philosophy, Wellesley College
what I do
I'm the Director for the Center for Teaching and Learning at Southern Vermont College. In this role, I work to provide SVC students the academic support that will help them achieve their best potential. I also direct the TRiO program at SVC. TRiO is a government-funded program that gives low-income students, first-generation students and students with learning differences access to the resources they need to thrive in college and beyond.
Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, Plato's Republic, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Lunch Poems by Frank O'Hara, Persuasion by Jane Austen, The Continental Op by Dashiell Hammett and usually whatever I'm currently reading for fun.
The Royal Tenenbaums, His Girl Friday, The Piano, Harold and Maude, The Wire, Arrested Development, Sherlock, Drag Race and Homicide: Life on the Streets.
Best part of being at SVC
I think the best part of being at SVC for me is being part of a close-knit community that is really dedicated to seeing students make the most of their education and talents.
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Management & Entrepreneurship Professort Appointed to Lever Advisory Board
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.