Catherine McKeen, PhD
adjunct faculty, the Donald everett Axinn division of social sciences
Everett Mansion 336
- PhD, Philosophy, Rutgers University
- MA, Philosophy, Washington University
- BA, Philosophy, Wellesley College
what I do
I'm the Director for the Center for Teaching and Learning at Southern Vermont College. In this role, I work to provide SVC students the academic support that will help them achieve their best potential. I also direct the TRiO program at SVC. TRiO is a government-funded program that gives low-income students, first-generation students and students with learning differences access to the resources they need to thrive in college and beyond.
Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, Plato's Republic, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Lunch Poems by Frank O'Hara, Persuasion by Jane Austen, The Continental Op by Dashiell Hammett and usually whatever I'm currently reading for fun.
The Royal Tenenbaums, His Girl Friday, The Piano, Harold and Maude, The Wire, Arrested Development, Sherlock, Drag Race and Homicide: Life on the Streets.
Best part of being at SVC
I think the best part of being at SVC for me is being part of a close-knit community that is really dedicated to seeing students make the most of their education and talents.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin