Daisy E. Levy, Ph.D.
assistant professor, the hunter Division of humanities
Everett Mansion 353
- Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2012
- M.A., Miami University, 2005
- B.A., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Advanced Composition
- Creative Writing
academic Research/ interests
- Cultural rhetories, embodied rhetorics, performance theory, nonfiction writing
areas of expertise
Cultural rhetorics theories and methodologies, writing (poetry, essays, muti-genre), movement education/studies
Why I teach
I teach because I am curious, because I like people, and because the act of teaching helps me to feel connected to a bigger world.
- Lately, I'm drawn to Laurie R. King's Mary Russell detective series. I recently read Allison Bechdel's "Fun Home" and was transformed. I keep a copy of "Bridge to Terabithia" on my bookshelf, a leftover from my childhood, and I also have a penchant for anatomy and kinesiology books, like "Taking Root to Fly," by Irene Dowd. There's so many more, i couldn't list them all here.
I joke with people when I say I'm an easy sell, regarding movies. I like them. A lot. I'm thrilled to pieces over the latest Batman trilogy, likewise the Bourne series. I loved Meryl Streep as Julia Childs, and thought "Up" was one of the sweetest, funniest movies I'd seen in a long time. I'm also a sucker for Katherine and Audrey Hepburn flicks.
Best part of being at SVC
I have to say that the friendliness is off the charts here, and I'm glad to be part of such a thoughtful community!
Jennifer Ufnar - Instructor, the Division of Science & Technology.
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "When the Buzzer Sounds..."
- Tap Dancer Shares History of Artform (Rutland Herald article)
- Mountaineers Run Past Green Mountains
- Student Jamie Cousineau Named Outstanding Tutor
- Campus Community Dinner Series
- President Gross's Article "My Turn" Can robots replace real nurses?"
- Mountaineers Shock the Country, Top Ephs (Bennington Banner article)