Mary Jo Kwiatek, M.S.
part-time instructor, the hunter division of humanities
- M.S., B.S., Exceptional Education, State University College of New York at Buffalo
- English Composition I
Literacy in Exceptional and Regular Populations
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Why I teach
I think teaching is the most important job in the world after parenting.
Depends on my mood. I like fiction, British literature, Classic literature and yes--sometimes a good page-turner mystery.
Only one? I'm very hard on films. I like classics--almost anything with Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn, or Humphrey Bogart. I like foreign films. A recent one is Pan's Labyrinth. I like dark humor, like Fargo, Pulp Fiction, or Goodfellas. Speaking of dark, The Exorcist and The Godfather are two more. I'm also a bit of a documentary junkie, especially music documentaries. The Last Waltz is a favorite. A strange favorite is Searching for the Wrong Eyed Jesus. I think Michael Moore can do no wrong.
Best part of being at SVC
It's a small and caring community on a breathtaking campus.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin