Mary Jo Kwiatek, M.S.
part-time instructor, the hunter division of humanities
- M.S., B.S., Exceptional Education, State University College of New York at Buffalo
- English Composition I
Literacy in Exceptional and Regular Populations
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Why I teach
I think teaching is the most important job in the world after parenting.
Depends on my mood. I like fiction, British literature, Classic literature and yes--sometimes a good page-turner mystery.
Only one? I'm very hard on films. I like classics--almost anything with Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn, or Humphrey Bogart. I like foreign films. A recent one is Pan's Labyrinth. I like dark humor, like Fargo, Pulp Fiction, or Goodfellas. Speaking of dark, The Exorcist and The Godfather are two more. I'm also a bit of a documentary junkie, especially music documentaries. The Last Waltz is a favorite. A strange favorite is Searching for the Wrong Eyed Jesus. I think Michael Moore can do no wrong.
Best part of being at SVC
It's a small and caring community on a breathtaking campus.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- President's HuffPost on Reforming Student Loans
- Hear President Gross on Texas Public Radio re: Student Debt Options
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program