Jennifer Burg, Ph.D.
Chair, associate professor, the hunter division of humanities
Everett Mansion 352
- Ph.D., English, emphasis in Rhetoric and Composition, Washington State University, 2003
- M.S., English, emphasis in Theory and Practice of Writing, Utah State University, 1997
- B.S., Honors English, Weber State University, 1995
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- World Literature
- Introduction to Rhetoric
- Women and Rhetoric
- Humanities Senior Capstone
- Introduction to Creative Writing
academic Research/interests and areas of expertise
Rhetoric, Composition, and Popular Culture
Why I teach
My goal is always to promote students' intellectual engagement with texts of all kinds, and to help them become more perceptive readers of and articulate writers about rhetoric in their words.
April 2014 - Elected to Governing Board of the Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- President attends National Center for Learning & Civic Engagement meeting in Denver
- Football and Higher Education: Presidents Need to Speak Up and Speak Out
- SVC Mourns the Passing of Campus Safety's Mark Poirier
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs