Jennifer Burg, PhD
Chair, associate professor, the hunter division of humanities
Everett Mansion 352
- PhD, English, emphasis in Rhetoric and Composition, Washington State University, 2003
- MS, English, emphasis in Theory and Practice of Writing, Utah State University, 1997
- BS, Honors English, Weber State University, 1995
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- World Literature
- Introduction to Rhetoric
- Women and Rhetoric
- Humanities Senior Capstone
- Introduction to Creative Writing
academic Research/interests and areas of expertise
Rhetoric, Composition, and Popular Culture
Why I teach
My goal is always to promote students' intellectual engagement with texts of all kinds, and to help them become more perceptive readers of and articulate writers about rhetoric in their words.
April 2014 - Elected to Governing Board of the Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin