Mary Botter, PhD, RN
chair, associate professor, the Division of nursing
Healthcare Education Center, 3rd Floor
PhD, University of Pennsylvania
MSN, University of Pennsylvania
BSN, Duke University
Information and Decision Making
Professional Role Perception and Enactment
Chemically Dependent Nurses/Impaired Professionals
High Fidelity Simulation in Nursing Education
Transition to Practice
areas of expertise
Professional Nursing Practice, Education, Administration and Regulation
Organizational Design and Evaluation
Why I teach
Teaching is the opportunity to share the love of learning with students and colleagues. It gives me joy to engage with others on their journey to achieve their potential..
The Phantom Tolbooth by Norton Juster
Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
The Leadership Challenge by James Kouzes and Barry Posner
Notes on Nursing by Florence Nightingale
Best part of being at SVC
The privilege of participating as a member of this college community who "walk the talk" and live the SVC mission every day providing ". . . a transformative living and learning experience that cultivates lifelong learners in a personalized setting, emphasizes active learning and exploration, and encourages empowered citizenship and environmental sensibility."
January 22, 2015 - January 22, 2018 - To serve on the Vermont Board of Nursing Education Committee.
Jody Schade, MA, Instructor, The Hunter Division of Humanities.
- Business Professor and Students Invited to Sports Sustainability Competition
- Philanthropy Project Enters 4th Year
- SVC and Albright College Team Up for Alternative Spring Break Project
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES
- 2015 Sarnoff Speech Contest
- Admissions Materials Win Gold & Silver Awards from National Ad Competition
- Office of the President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.