Mary Botter, PhD, RN
chair, associate professor, the Division of nursing
Healthcare Education Center, 3rd Floor
PhD, University of Pennsylvania
MSN, University of Pennsylvania
BSN, Duke University
Information and Decision Making
Professional Role Perception and Enactment
Chemically Dependent Nurses/Impaired Professionals
High Fidelity Simulation in Nursing Education
Transition to Practice
areas of expertise
Professional Nursing Practice, Education, Administration and Regulation
Organizational Design and Evaluation
Why I teach
Teaching is the opportunity to share the love of learning with students and colleagues. It gives me joy to engage with others on their journey to achieve their potential..
The Phantom Tolbooth by Norton Juster
Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
The Leadership Challenge by James Kouzes and Barry Posner
Notes on Nursing by Florence Nightingale
Best part of being at SVC
The privilege of participating as a member of this college community who "walk the talk" and live the SVC mission every day providing ". . . a transformative living and learning experience that cultivates lifelong learners in a personalized setting, emphasizes active learning and exploration, and encourages empowered citizenship and environmental sensibility."
January 22, 2015 - January 22, 2018 - To serve on the Vermont Board of Nursing Education Committee.
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.
- Nursing Chair to Serve on VT Board of Nursing Education Committee