Student Government Association
Strong emphasis is placed on student involvement in all facets of life at the College. The Southern Vermont College Student Government Association (SGA) works closely with faculty and staff to ensure that students' needs and concerns are addressed, students are represented on all standing committees, and student input is considered in the formulation of College policy. The President of the Association acts as the Student Representative to the Southern Vermont College Board of Trustees. The SGA selects two representatives for the Judicial Review Board and appoints students to serve on various other committees at the College.
Student Government Association Mission Statement
Dedicated to the quality of student life at SVC
The Southern Vermont College Student Government Association is a diverse and committed group of individuals elected to be the voice of the student body with the purpose of enriching student social life by expanding their cultural and on-campus community experiences. The Association's devoted team of student leaders strives to provide a positive environment that encourages personal growth among their peers through communal activities. The Association places an emphasis on building strong student leaders, respecting shared campus settings, and role modeling responsibility within the College community. The Student Government deeply believes in and is dedicated to the quality of student life at Southern Vermont College.
Adopted by the 2001-02 Student Government Association
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community