Members of the Alumni Association board plan events for alumni and provide staff with feedback on all areas of the College, including student recruitment, networking and fundraising. Meetings (60-90 minutes) are scheduled for Homecoming and Reunion weekends and as needed.
Alumni LEGACY AND REFERRAL Scholarships
Identify students who would benefit from an SVC education, and the student can receive a scholarship in return. The scholarships will be granted in the referrer’s name as a sign of the College's appreciation. A real mentoring position.
Athletics Booster Club
Support the Athletic Department in its efforts to improve opportunities for student-athletes.
Provide career advice and mentoring to current students, new graduates and fellow alumni through informational interviews about your field. Establish student internships at your place of business and/or recruit for open positions from SVC graduates.
Serve as the liaison between your classmates and the College. Encourage them to attend SVC events, ask them for updates to include in The Chronicle or invite them to support the Southern Vermont Annual Fund. Requires approximately 10 hours per semester (more if you're chatty!). An ideal position for a "cheerleader."
Mountaineer Alumni Admission Program (MAAP)
Represent SVC at college fairs in your area and speak with prospective students. You may also be asked to call accepted students in your area to congratulate them and ask them if they have any questions about being a student at SVC. College fairs typically run for about two hours in the evening. You will be sent a package of materials as well as a list of FAQ's and their answers.
These are just some of the ways to support and stay involved in the SVC Community.
For more information about volunteering for the College, please contact the Alumni Office at 802-447-6357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- For Veterans Day, Remember: Message from President Gross
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin