Center for Teaching and Learning
With our main office in Room 340 on the third floor of Everett Mansion, the Center for Teaching and Learning provides the following services:
- Professional and peer tutoring, study skills workshops, test preparation (and more) through the Tutoring Office;
- Career planning and counseling, graduate study opportunities and internships through Career Development and Internship Services;
- Confidential consultations and referrals through Academic Counseling Services and Personal Counseling Services;
- Special needs assistance and accommodations through the Learning Differences Support Program.
These program services are delivered by a sensitive, dedicated, and skilled staff.
If you have questions about our programs or how we can help you, don’t hesitate to contact us at 802-447-6375 or 802-447-6372.
Since 1978, the Center for Teaching and Learning has helped thousands of students realize their dreams of earning college degrees. As the primary office of academic support at Southern Vermont College, the Success Center provides a wide range of services (free of charge) that help students get the most out of their college years—whether they are struggling in class or want to progress from “good” to “great.” In fact, according to the American Council on Education, students who use academic support services on campus have demonstrably increased grade-point averages (GPAs) than students who go it alone.
The Center for Teaching and Learning also houses TRiO, a federally-funded program designed to provide enhanced support to targeted individuals—the first in their families to go to college, from low-income households, and/or having a documented disability—as they progress toward college graduation. For details, click here.
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."