SVC Offers Simulation Learning
SVC has ventured into simulation learning in a newly constructed, state-of-the-art simulation laboratory at the Healthcare Education Center (HEC). Simulation learning allows learners to practice collaborative learning, which will enhance their cognitive, social and leadership skills. Learners will be able to practice a wide range of nursing skills (from birth to adulthood and beyond) on anatomically correct patient simulations in the safety of a simulated practice setting. They will participate in computer-programmed simulation of complex medical, surgical, pediatric and psychiatric emergencies. Learners will also engage in computer-programmed conversations to practice interviewing and communication skills. The simulation laboratory setting allows for repetition of difficult skills and the opportunity to practice unusual cases that a learner may face in real-life, clinical situations. Equipped with advanced audio and visual technology, coverage of simulation scenarios allows for group debriefing with discussion, analysis and evaluation.
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- Nursing Students Present Study on Healthy Living
- Healthcare Mgmt and Advocacy Certificate Summer Course
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- Summer Research Course on Aging and Alzheimer's
- Student Hanifah Presley and Interfaith Council Honored at VCC Forum
- President Gross Reappointed to NEBHE
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics