Law School Preparation Program
Pre-Law is no longer the preferred route to enter law school. Law schools are looking for applicants who have a baccalaureate degree in a liberal arts discipline with a curriculum that emphasizes the following:
1. effective written and oral communication;
2. development of an understanding of human institutions and values that influence the establishment of laws and legal practice; and
3. development of creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
More information on law school admissions can be obtained from the Association of American Law Schools at its Web site www.aals.org.
Law schools look for an undergraduate academic program that emphasizes course work in the social sciences including history and politics, English and quantitative analysis through the study of mathematics, statistics and the sciences. Students are also encouraged to take courses in economics, accounting and financial management.
Law school applicants are evaluated for the intellectual potential to do law school level course work (undergraduate major, minor and electives; cumulative GPA; and LSAT score); the character to meet the professional and ethical standards of practicing law; and internship or work experience in a legal setting.
Law School Preparation
A student seeking a career in law is encouraged to develop the following educational plan:
1. select a major in English, Psychology, Liberal Arts, or History and Politics;
2. consider electives from the following: Ac101, Ac102, Ec202, Ev303, Ev308, Ev405, Hp200, Hp201, Hp206, Hp207, Hp208, Hp209, Hp210, Ma202, Ma203, Mg303, Mg307, Mg320 or any 300 or 400 level En, Hp, Py or IT courses; and
3. participate in an internship or practicum experience in a legal setting.
Bachelor Degree for Law School Preparation
General Core 45 Credits
Major Courses 36-39 Credits
History and Politics
Minor (optional) 18 Credits
Electives 36-39 Credits
Total for degree 120 Credits
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- Summer Course Offerings
- Nursing Students Present Study on Healthy Living
- Healthcare Mgmt and Advocacy Certificate Summer Course
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- President Gross Reappointed to NEBHE
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics