The John Merck Division of Science and Technology
Southern Vermont College offers the following degrees and minors in The John Merck Division of Science and Technology:
The John Merck Division of Science and Technology focuses on shaping all students to value scientific, mathematic, environmental and technological literacy, preparing them through active learning for engagement in the community and global society as responsible citizens.
The John Merck Division of Science and Technology offers a baccalaureate degree in Biological Sciences, Healthcare Management and Advocacy, and Radiologic Sciences, and minors in Information Technology and Environmental Studies. The John Merck Division of Science and Technology also provides science, environmental, mathematics, and information technology courses taken by students to meet General Core requirements and electives.
Career Opportunities and Graduate Study
Opportunities for graduates of the Radiologic Sciences program are plentiful and diverse. Radiologic technologists have many employment choices and a variety of career and educational options including completion of a bachelor degree and specialization in the field. A minor in Information Technology or Environmental Studies can enhance career opportunities for graduates in any major.
In Spring 2005, a collaborative agreement with Southern Vermont College and Sage Graduate School in Troy, New York, was established, through which SVC students may complete an Occupational Therapy master's degree in as little as one year after the completion of a baccalaureate degree at SVC. Occupational therapists work with people experiencing health problems to assist them in regaining, developing, and building skills essential for independent living, maintaining health, and creating a personal sense of well-being. For additional information on transfer/articulation agreements, click here.
Take the next step and apply now.
- Barry Flanary, Ph.D. (Chair)
- Linda Lippacher, R.T.(R), (M), M.A.
- Nancy Callander, R.T.(R), A.S.
- Tammy Kenny, M.S.
- Jennifer Nelson, Ph.D.
- Jennifer Ufnar, Ph.D.
- Julie Walsh, R.T.(R), (M), B.S.
- John Blake, R.T.(R) (part time)
- Michael Caraco, M.A. (part time)
- Jesse Herbert, Ph.D. (part time)
- David Lindenberg, M.S. (part time)
- Donna McCart, M.S. (part time)
- Bonnie Parker, R.T.(R) (part time)
- Tiela Robert, B.S. (part time)
- Colleen Rundell, M.S. (part time)
- Joshua Stokes, M.S. (part time)
- Jane Uva, M.D. (part time)
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- Nursing Students Present Study on Healthy Living
- Healthcare Mgmt and Advocacy Certificate Summer Course
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- Summer Research Course on Aging and Alzheimer's
- Student Hanifah Presley and Interfaith Council Honored at VCC Forum
- President Gross Reappointed to NEBHE
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics