Psychology (Bachelor of Science Degree)
The Psychology degree is designed to be a flexible degree that allows students to successfully pursue their long-term educational and career goals. Students take a core set of classes that provide a theoretical foundation, then choose courses with the help of their advisor to fulfill the requirement for their unique educational and career goals.
The degree consists of a core of 16 credits of psychology courses; a series of psychology courses that cover developmental, theoretical, and clinical areas of study; and practicum and senior seminar courses that emphasize application of theory and research. Students will take one course each from selections in developmental, theoretical, and clinical psychology, and two additional psychology courses.
Participation in at least one practicum experience is required of all students. The experience gained through the practice of theory and techniques in the field is an important element of the profession. Students are placed with community agencies and private practice sites under the supervision of professionals. In addition, students attend a weekly seminar that focuses on important issues in the field and their professional development.
|Program of Study||Requirements||Credits|
|General Core Requirements||48|
|Py480 (Consolidating Knowledge)||(4)|
|Psychology Major Core||
Any three psychology courses (at least one at the 300 level or above)
|Developmental, Theoretical and Clinical Psychology Elective||
Choose one from each category (at least one at the 300 level)
|Psychology Electives (at lease one at 300 level)||12|
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program