Nursing Education at Southern Vermont College
Southern Vermont College Announces Nursing Accreditation by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
(Press Release May 29, 2015)
SVC Bachelor of Science in Nursing program
The Division of Nursing offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree with two tracks. The Pre-Licensure BSN track is designed for individuals who wish to achieve a BSN and upon graduation be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN examination. The RN-BSN track is designed for registered nurses who wish to continue their education and achieve a BSN.
Our nursing graduates are empowered with a degree that is recognized and valued by health care facilities and providers, including hospitals, nursing homes, medical centers, physicians in private practice and clinics. Opportunities for SVC nursing graduates include employment in every specialty including pediatrics, critical care, obstetrics, medical, surgical and psychiatric nursing within the acute care setting as well as in non-acute care-settings such as primary care, long-term care, community health and hospice care.
Graduates of SVC are eligible to continue their professional academic development with the pursuit of master's and doctoral degrees which provide for greater career mobility. Advanced nursing roles include clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, certified nurse anesthetists, certified nurse midwives, case managers, nurse educators, nurse administrators and nurse researchers.
Join us in Southern Vermont
Southern Vermont College provides a quality, affordable, private, liberal arts based, career launching education in a beautiful setting. We have an excellent baccalaureate Nursing program with experienced and clinically competent faculty, outstanding clinical facilities, and high-tech simulation and skills labs to enhance learning.
At SVC you can pursue your career goals through two tracks: a four-year, Pre-Licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing option or our RN-BSN degree option. To learn more, click on the links below.
svc offers SIMULATION LEARNING
SVC’s Health Education Center in downtown Bennington, just blocks from our campus, offers a fully functioning simulation lab facility. The HEC’s spacious facilities feature a dedicated low-fidelity skill laboratory, simulation and x-ray laboratories, technologically advanced classrooms and conference space to give our students real world experience. Click here to learn more.
Take the next step and apply now.
Meet the Faculty
- Mary L. Botter, PhD, RN (Chair)
- Kathi Atkins, MSN, BSN
- Wanda Franklin, PhD, RN
- Melissa North, MSN, RN, CNE
- Mary Agoglia, MAN, RN (part time)
- Jean Lemieux Cody, MS, RN (part time)
- Susan Farrell, MSN (part time)
- Eileen Glover, MSN, RN-BC (part time)
- Christina Kasprisin, EdD, RN (part time)
- Susan Sykas, DNP, APRN, PNP-BC, CNE (part time)
- Kim Schultz, Administrative Assistant
Note: Clinical adjuncts may be contacted through the Division of Nursing by calling Administrative Assistant Kim Schultz at 802-447-4661.
Sara Diane Nolan, MSW
Adjunct Faculty, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences
- Athletics Celebrates at Annual Awards Banquet
- President Evans a Special Guest and Moderates a Symposium at Inauguration of Franklin College's President
- Sign up Now for Online or On-Campus Summer Classes
- Veteran Journalist Mike Donoghue '71 to be Commencement Speaker
- SVC Granted Approval for Online Nursing BSN Program
- David Evans Inaugurated as Ninth President of SVC
- Introducing The Good Neighbor Scholarship for Students in Area Communities