Nursing Education at Southern Vermont College
News Update: Dr. Mary Botter Named Nursing Chair read more
Nursing Leadership From the Outside In receives AJN Book of the Year Award
President Karen Gross authored a chapter in the award-winning book "Nursing Leadership From the Outside In." Published in 2013 by editors Greer Glazer and Joyce J. Fitzpatrick, "Nursing Leadership..." has been awarded the prestigious 2013 "American Journal of Nursing" Book of the Year Award. President Gross’s chapter is titled “Hiring as a Pathway to Understanding Leadership.” The American Journal of Nursing has announced its annual list of the best in nursing publications since 1969.
Our nursing graduates – past and future – are empowered with a degree that is recognized and valued by health care facilities and providers, including hospitals, nursing homes, medical centers, physicians in private practice and clinics.
Our graduates are employed in every specialty including pediatrics, critical care, obstetrics, medical, surgical and psychiatric nursing within the acute care setting as well as in non-acute care-settings such as primary care, long-term care, community health and hospice care.
Graduates of SVC are eligible to continue their professional academic development with the pursuit of master's and doctorate degrees which provide for greater career mobility. Advanced nursing practice includes Clinical Nurse Specialists, Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Anesthetists, Certified Nurse Midwives, Case Managers, Nurse Educators, Nurse Administrators and Nurse Researchers.
At SVC you can pursue your career goals through two tracks: a four-year, pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing option or our RN to BSN degree option. To learn more, click on the links below.
The mission of the Division of Nursing (DON), in accordance with the mission of Southern Vermont College, provides a transformative learning environment which prepares our graduate as life-long learners able to provide quality nursing care. Read more here
svc offers SIMULATION LEARNING
SVC’s Health Education Center in downtown Bennington, just blocks from our campus, offers one of the only fully functioning simulation lab facilities in the regions. The HEC’s spacious facilities feature a dedicated low-fidelity skill laboratory, simulation and x-ray laboratories, technologically advanced classrooms and conference space to give our students real world experience. Click Here to learn More
Take the next step and apply now.
- Botter, Mary L., Ph.D., R.N. (Chair)
- Bobbe Ann Gray, Ph.D., R.N.C.-O.B., C.N.S.-B.C. (Curriculum Consultant)
- Kathleen Atkins, M.S.N., B.S.N., R.N.
- Melissa North, M.S.N., R.N., C.N.E.
- Sandra Fleischmann, M.S.N., R.N.-B.C.
- Eileen Rice, Ph.D., M.S.N., R.N.
- Susan O. Sykas, M.S., A.P.R.N., P.N.P.-B.C., C.N.E. (on academic leave for 2013-2014)
- Mary Agoglia, M.A. (Nsg. Ed.), R.N. (part time)
- Christa Berthiaume, M.S.N., B.S.N. (part time)
- Joanne Heaton, M.S.N., B.S.N. (part time)
- Bernadette House M.S.N., B.S.N., A.S.N. R.N. (part time)
- Nancy Kupka, Ph.D., M.S., M.P.H., R.N. (part time)
- Kelley Sicley, M.S.N., B.S.N., R.N., N.P. (part time)
- Harriet Sullivan-Bibee, B.S.N., R.N. (part time)
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community