Nursing Education at Southern Vermont CollegeBSN || RN to BSN || Mission || Admission || HEC || Nursing Home
Our nursing graduates – past and future – are empowered with a degree that is recognized and valued by health care facilities and providers, including hospitals, nursing homes, medical centers, physicians in private practice and clinics.
Our graduates are employed in every specialty including pediatrics, critical care, obstetrics, medical, surgical and psychiatric nursing within the acute care setting as well as in non-acute care-settings such as primary care, long-term care, community health and hospice care.
Graduates of SVC are eligible to continue their professional academic development with the pursuit of master's and doctorate degrees which provide for greater career mobility. Advance practice nursing includes Clinical Nurse Specialists, Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Anesthetists, Certified Nurse Midwives, Case Managers, Nurse Educators, Nurse Administrators and Nurse Researchers.
At SVC you can pursue your career goals through two programs: a four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree or our RN to BSN degree program. To learn more, click on the links below.
The mission of the Division of Nursing (DON), in accordance with the mission of Southern Vermont College, provides a transformative learning environment which prepares our graduate as life-long learners able to provide quality nursing care. Read more here
svc offers SIMULATION LEARNING
SVC’s Health Education Center in downtown Bennington, just blocks from our campus, offers one of the only fully functioning simulation lab facilities in the regions. The HEC’s spacious facilities feature a dedicated low-fidelity skill laboratory, simulation and x-ray laboratories, technologically advanced classrooms and conference space to give our students real world experience. Click Here to learn More
Take the next step and apply now.
Are you a current SVC student in either the Associates Degree Program or the RN to Bachelor of Science program? Find more information about these programs below.
RN to BSN
Licensure Requirements and Entrance information here
- Karen Clement-O'Brien, D.N.P., R.N. (Chair)
- Melissa Colvin-North, M.S.N., R.N., C.N.E.
- Sandra Fleischmann, M.S.N., R.N.
- Eileen Rice, M.S.N., R.N.
- Susan O. Sykas, M.S., A.P.R.N., P.N.P.-B.C., C.N.E.
- Sarah Valentine-Maher, M.S.N., B.S.N., F.N.P., R.N.
- Mary Agoglia, M.A., M.N.Ed., B.S.N. (part time)
- Kathleen Atkins, M.S.N., B.S.N., R.N. (part time)
- Vicki George, Ph.D., M.S.N., B.S.N. (part time)
- Joanne Heaton, B.S.N., R.N. (part time)
- Bernadette House M.S.N., B.S.N., A.S.N. R.N. (part time)
- Nancy Kupka, Ph.D., M.S.N., M.P.H., B.A. (part time)
- Kelley Sicley, M.S.N., B.S.N., R.N., N.P. (part time)
Susan has spent much of her professional nursing career as a teacher.
- SVC Partners with College Steps Program
- Provost DeCiccio's Article "Dreams Can Come True" in NEBHE
- Colleges Against Cancer Club Raises Funds for Hospital Cancer Center
- Summer Course Offerings
- SVC Hosts 86th Commencement Ceremony
- Ordering Commencement Photos & Video
- Online Registration - SVC Student Portal
- Prospective Transfer Students: New Transfer Credit Hotline
10 sports for men and women. Learn More about SVC athletics