HAVE YOU EVER DREAMED OF WRITING A BOOK?
Write and Publish Your Book Through the Shires Press Publishing Program at SVC
The Shires Press Publishing Program is available to all full-time SVC students through The Hunter Division of Humanities. The Program requires 4 classes, 2 of which can also count for certain Majors in Humanities or the General Core.
These courses offer students the opportunity to study the foundations of book publishing while working on their own manuscript from conception to completion. At the end of the Program, you’ll have printed copies of your own published work, and opportunities to promote it in the retail and online marketplace.
Upon successful completion of the Program, the Northshire Bookstore will print copies** of each student’s book and will provide them with:
- Assignment of ISBN and barcode (the commercial book ID number for each edition and variation of a book).
- Retail shelf exposure for their book in both the Manchester Center, VT, and Saratoga Springs bookstore locations.**
- Online listing of the book on www.northshire.com.
- Royalty fees paid for any sales of book, paid twice yearly.
For more information please contact:
Jennifer Burg, Chair, The Hunter Division of Humanities
802-447-4007 or email@example.com
To schedule a visit or apply to SVC please contact:
Office of Admissions, 982 Mansion Drive, Bennington, VT 05201 802-447-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Prerequisites for the curriculum: Successful completion of En102 or En150.
**In accordance with the Shires Press contract.
Sara Diane Nolan, MSW
Adjunct Faculty, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences
- SVC Hosts 89th Commencment Ceremony
- Middle Schoolers Compete in Sarnoff Speech Contest
- Northshire Bookstore Hosts Student Authors of Publishing Series
- Sign up Now for Online or On-Campus Summer Classes
- SVC Granted Approval for Online Nursing BSN Program
- David Evans Inaugurated as Ninth President of SVC
- Introducing The Good Neighbor Scholarship for Students in Area Communities