The Hunter Division of Humanities
Southern Vermont College offers the following degrees and minors in The Hunter Division of Humanities:
- Communication (Bachelor of Arts)
- Creative Writing (Bachelor of Arts)
- Creative Writing and English Studies (Bachelor of Arts)
- English (Bachelor of Arts)
- Liberal Arts (Associate in and Bachelor of Arts or Science)
- Creative Writing
- Public Relations (Note: Not accepting new students in this minor for Fall 2014.)
- Visual Arts
The Southern Vermont College Hunter Division of Humanities enables students to discover the beliefs, values, knowledge and skills that influence them as individuals in society. The Hunter Division of Humanities strives to engage students actively in issues that stem from the study of the diverse literary, philosophical, artistic and cultural achievements of humanity. The Hunter Division of Humanities accomplishes its mission by offering courses included in the General Education Core and in its major and minor programs.
Career Opportunities and Graduate Study
Depending on their major and perhaps minor, students are prepared to enter careers in fields such as publishing, public relations, advertising, marketing, journalism, media management and mid-level management. Students are also prepared for graduate study in literature, education, library science, marketing, advertising, journalism, creative writing, public relations and law.
- Jennifer Burg, Ph.D. (Chair)
- Michelle Deal, Ph.D.
- Daisy Levy, Ph.D.
- Lynda Sinkiewich, M.A.
- Greg Winterhalter, M.F.A.
- Melissa Kate Adams-Silva, M.S.S.E. (part time)
- Albert DeCiccio, Ph.D. (part time)
- Eric Despard, M.M. (part time) (Music Director)
- Ellen Ennis, M.A. (part time)
- Tracey Forest, M.A. (part time)
- Laura Mack, M.A., B.S. (part time)
- Larry Manness, M.F.A. (part time)
- Catherine McKeen, Ph.D. (part time)
- Nicole Myers, M.A. (part time)
- Jody Schade, M.A. (part time)
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."