Faculty and HMA students work together to select a pre-practicum and practicum experience location. The practicum location is based on the students’ specific interests and career goals. Through on-site supervised training, students learn to apply theoretical concepts from previous courses to actual client situations. The weekly field experience supports the theoretical content of the course through applied case studies and promotes the student’s ability to integrate theory with practice. Students meet individually or in small groups with fieldwork advisers to learn how their individual experience relates to the various areas of patient advocacy.
For practicum experiences, the SVC Healthcare Management and Advocacy Program partners with:
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program