Faculty and HMA students work together to select a pre-practicum and practicum experience location. The practicum location is based on the students’ specific interests and career goals. Through on-site supervised training, students learn to apply theoretical concepts from previous courses to actual client situations. The weekly field experience supports the theoretical content of the course through applied case studies and promotes the student’s ability to integrate theory with practice. Students meet individually or in small groups with fieldwork advisers to learn how their individual experience relates to the various areas of patient advocacy.
For practicum experiences, the SVC Healthcare Management and Advocacy Program partners with:
North Adams Regional Hospital
Southwestern Vermont Medical Center
The Center for Communication in Medicine
The Memory Clinic
United Health Alliance
University of Vermont Center on Aging
Vermont Veterans’ Home
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- Info on Bennington Water Project Vote
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- Military Leader Speaks on King's Life and Legacy
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."