Faculty and HMA students work together to select a pre-practicum and practicum experience location. The practicum location is based on the students’ specific interests and career goals. Through on-site supervised training, students learn to apply theoretical concepts from previous courses to actual client situations. The weekly field experience supports the theoretical content of the course through applied case studies and promotes the student’s ability to integrate theory with practice. Students meet individually or in small groups with fieldwork advisers to learn how their individual experience relates to the various areas of patient advocacy.
For practicum experiences, the SVC Healthcare Management and Advocacy Program partners with:
Melissa North, Instructor, Division of Nursing.
- SPRING OPEN HOUSE: April 18
- SVC and PAVE Sponsor Events on Violence Awareness: April 21 & 24
- "Flirting with Danger" Documentary: April 22
- Edible Book Fest has been CANCELLED
- "Eight Ten's" - short 10-minute plays: April 24 & 25
- 2015 Sarnoff Speech Contest: May 3
- Honors Convocation: April 29
- COMMENCEMENT 2015 SCHEDULE