Faculty and HMA students work together to select a pre-practicum and practicum experience location. The practicum location is based on the students’ specific interests and career goals. Through on-site supervised training, students learn to apply theoretical concepts from previous courses to actual client situations. The weekly field experience supports the theoretical content of the course through applied case studies and promotes the student’s ability to integrate theory with practice. Students meet individually or in small groups with fieldwork advisers to learn how their individual experience relates to the various areas of patient advocacy.
For practicum experiences, the SVC Healthcare Management and Advocacy Program partners with:
Jody Schade, MA, Instructor, The Hunter Division of Humanities.
- Philanthropy Project Enters 4th Year
- SVC and Albright College Team Up for Alternative Spring Break Project
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES
- 2015 Sarnoff Speech Contest
- Admissions Materials Win Gold & Silver Awards from National Ad Competition
- Office of the President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.