Faculty and HMA students work together to select a pre-practicum and practicum experience location. The practicum location is based on the students’ specific interests and career goals. Through on-site supervised training, students learn to apply theoretical concepts from previous courses to actual client situations. The weekly field experience supports the theoretical content of the course through applied case studies and promotes the student’s ability to integrate theory with practice. Students meet individually or in small groups with fieldwork advisers to learn how their individual experience relates to the various areas of patient advocacy.
For practicum experiences, the SVC Healthcare Management and Advocacy Program partners with:
JTom Redden, Professor of History and Politics
- Muffie Harvey Rides Again!
- Enrich Your Life Through Fall Classes
- James C. White II, Ph.D., Named Provost
- Graduates in Radiologic Sciences Receive 100% Pass Rate on ARRT Exam
- 12 Student-Athletes Receive NECC All-Conference Academic Honors
- Nursing Division Accredited by CCNE
- Remarks by Commencement Speaker/Honorary Degree Recipient/Author/professor Moustafa Bayoumi