The general core courses provide the breadth of learning necessary to meet the challenges of a lifetime of independent and creative thinking. All students at SVC are required to take the following core courses in addition to the courses required by their chosen degree programs:
Bachelor's Degree general core:
|GENERAL CORE||48 CREDITS|
|Entering into the Discussion|
|Writing Courses (two courses): Traditional: En101 English Composition I and En102 English Composition II, Advanced Option: En150 Advanced Composition and any other Cw or En course.||8|
|Introductory Bookend Courses: Fy100 Quest for Success. This course can be taken in any major. Transfer students may use an elective course to fulfill this requirement.||4|
|Exploring the Diversity|
|Humanities (two courses): Ar, Cm, Cw, En, Hu, Mu, or Ph Prefixes||8|
|Social Sciences (two courses): Cj, Hp, Py, or So Prefixes||8|
|Natural Sciences and Math (two courses): Ev, Ma, or Ns Prefixes||8|
|Career Enhancing Courses (two courses): Ac, Ba, Be, Ec, IT, or Mg; also includes En 100, En300, En303 and other courses with permission of the Provost||8|
|Advanced Bookend Course: These advanced courses in professionalization are set by each major or academic division.||4|
|Students will also . . .
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG on Five Ways to Make College More Friendly to Vets
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community