Getting the Word Out
The Office of Communications is responsible for communicating key institutional messaging to the outside world. The Office seeks to inform our constituents and the general public about the quality and diversity of the programs, faculty and student population at Southern Vermont College.
The Office manages the design and content of the College Internet Web site and the campus Intranet, pitches stories to and responds to requests from the media, twice yearly publishes the Alumni Chronicle, directs college marketing, branding and advertising efforts and oversees the publication of most campus materials that go out to an external audience.
For Faculty, Staff and Students: To learn more about how the Communications Office can help you with a communications project, make a Web update or to promote an upcoming event, activity, achievement or accomplishment through the Internet, print publication or placement in the media, please reference our Policies and Procedures.
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"
- Asst. Prof. in Humanities Publishes Article in "Enculturation"
- CJ Class Attends Press Conference with VT Gov. Shumlin