About Southern Vermont College
Southern Vermont College offers a transformative living and learning experience that cultivates lifelong learners in a personalized setting, emphasizes active learning and exploration, and encourages empowered citizenship and environmental sensibility.
Located on a mountainside campus overlooking the Green Mountains, Southern Vermont College aspires to be a model of an enlightened educational community: diverse, supportive, environmentally respectful and socially responsible. Through its career-focused liberal arts curriculum, Southern Vermont College endeavors to transform students into engaged citizens with a broad perspective of an ever-changing society. Whether students find themselves drawn to Business, Humanities, Nursing, Science and Technology or Social Sciences--the College's five academic divisions--SVC seeks to immerse students in the concept of becoming lifelong and dynamic learners. At the same time, Southern Vermont College encourages students to combine classroom learning with real life, real world experiences, through internships and learn-by-doing projects. In short, Southern Vermont College may be small in size but it is most assuredly not small in the skills and self-confidence that it strives to give its students.
Southern Vermont College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. SVC is a member of the Association of Vermont Independent Colleges.
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- James G. Waldon Joins SVC as Director of Campus Safety
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.