Southern Vermont College's Residence Life program encourages all students to develop independence, responsibility, accountability, and leadership experiences in conjunction with their classroom experiences.
Each residence hall has Community Advisors (CAs) to help residents. CAs are valuable resources for all students on campus. Their main responsibilities are the safety, security, and well-being of the resident students. They offer educational and recreational programs that all students are encouraged to attend. The staff of CAs are supervised and trained by the Director of Residence Life.
We all need to work together to live in a healthy and safe community. All students and staff are encouraged to report any vandalism that they may witness to Campus Safety or to any member of the Residence Life staff. We also invite and encourage all members of our community to participate in our events and offer suggestions, ideas, and assistance. Southern Vermont College is a wonderful place to live, and we all must work together to keep it that way.
Residence Hall living can be a very important part of a student's educational experience. Many lifelong friendships have developed from college roommate relationships. Southern Vermont College encourages all full-time students to take advantage of the on-campus housing facilities.
All full-time students, primarily freshmen and sophomores, with fewer than four full-time semesters of college enrollment are required to reside in College housing, unless you live within 45 miles of the campus or are 21 years of age or older.
The following information relates to all aspects of residential living. Questions should be directed to the Director of Residence Life, whose office is located in the Dean of Students Suite, second floor of Birchwood, located directly above the campus store outside of the Everette Mansion.
- Housing Information
- New Student Housing
- Returning Student Housing
- Special Housing Accommodations
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Facilities and Housekeeping FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- First-year Students
- Suite Floor Plan
- Meet the Residence Life Staff
- Student Visitation Agreement
Director of Residence Life
982 Mansion Drive
Bennington, VT 05201-6002
Instructor Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN-BC, Division of Nursing
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "When Does a College's Obligation to Its Students End?"
- Mount Anthony is First School in Vermont to Launch National College Application Campaign
- President's Comment in CBS Moneywatch on a 3-year degree
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President
- President's HUFF POST Blog: "...Why Education is Failing Our Students"
- TIME Online "Five Best Ideas of the Day" Links to SVC Co-authored Article
- SVC Co-Authored article in INSIDE HIGHER Ed: "Graduation Shouldn't Be Endpoint"