Health & Wellness
Health Services is located in Hunter Hall. This service is contracted with Southwestern Vermont Medical Center Department of Occupational Health. A registered nurse is onsite 20 hours per week for medical care. Health records remain in Health Services. They are not part of the student’s academic record. These health records are kept for seven years upon graduation or leaving the College. There is no charge for any onsite consultation. The following services are offered by Health Services.
The RN on site will evaluate and when necessary refer to the physician or nurse practitioner at SVMC Occupational Health Department. When the student is referred off site there will be a bill that is the student’s responsibility. Throat Cultures can be done on site and billed to the student’s insurance.
The State of Vermont requires all post secondary students to have 2 measles, mumps & rubella (MMR), a current tetanus, the hepatitis B series (3 vaccines), protection from varicella (chicken pox) and a meningitis vaccine. If a student does not meet this requirement prior to arriving to SVC, these vaccines can be obtained in Health Services. Also available is the flu vaccine. The student needs to pay for the immunization at the time of administration. A receipt will be issued.
Pregnancy test can be obtained in Health Service for a minimal charge. Condoms are also available outside the Health Service office.
Appointments can be made with local practitioners for a wide variety of health care needs such as gynecological, ophthalmology, orthopedic, dermatology or dental.
Health and Wellness Promotions
Educational presentations are provided on site to individuals and groups. Students are encouraged to share their thoughts about programming they would like to see.
Any health care matter can be discussed with the nurse. Education leads to healthier life style choices which are promoted here at SVC.
Health & Wellness Services hours are posted monthly and may vary. If the office is not open, leave a voice mail message for the nurse (447-4355) or with Student Life (447-6323). The office is closed during the summer.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community