Basketball Tournament "Shots for Tots" at Southern Vermont College
March 19, 2013
The Nursing Student Organization at Southern Vermont College (SVC) will host a 3-on-3 basketball tournament “Shots for Tots” on Sunday, April 14, starting at 11:30 a.m. in the Mountaineer Athletic Center on campus. Proceeds from the tournament will benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
The Bennington community is invited to participate in the tournament along with SVC students, faculty and staff. The tournament requires that each team be co-ed, and groups from SVC can only have one eligible basketball player per team. Each team should have four participants, which includes a substitute player.
SVC's new Men's Basketball Coach Dan Engelstad will be participating in the event as will other SVC coaches. "It's great to see the Nursing Student Organization using the game of basketball to help raise funds for St. Jude's," commented Engelstad. "I'm excited to see the event's turnout and know that everyone is going to enjoy a fun day of hoops."
Registration is $5 per student and $8 per community member. Participants must be 17 years or older. Prizes will be awarded for the team with the best uniforms. T-shirts and snacks will be available for purchase at the event.
Sign-in begins at 11 a.m. on April 14. Players can submit their registration fee at that time.
Southern Vermont College offers two fully accredited academic Nursing programs that prepare graduates for careers as registered professional nurses.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program