Basketball Tournament "Shots for Tots" at Southern Vermont College
March 19, 2013
The Nursing Student Organization at Southern Vermont College (SVC) will host a 3-on-3 basketball tournament “Shots for Tots” on Sunday, April 14, starting at 11:30 a.m. in the Mountaineer Athletic Center on campus. Proceeds from the tournament will benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
The Bennington community is invited to participate in the tournament along with SVC students, faculty and staff. The tournament requires that each team be co-ed, and groups from SVC can only have one eligible basketball player per team. Each team should have four participants, which includes a substitute player.
SVC's new Men's Basketball Coach Dan Engelstad will be participating in the event as will other SVC coaches. "It's great to see the Nursing Student Organization using the game of basketball to help raise funds for St. Jude's," commented Engelstad. "I'm excited to see the event's turnout and know that everyone is going to enjoy a fun day of hoops."
Registration is $5 per student and $8 per community member. Participants must be 17 years or older. Prizes will be awarded for the team with the best uniforms. T-shirts and snacks will be available for purchase at the event.
Sign-in begins at 11 a.m. on April 14. Players can submit their registration fee at that time.
Southern Vermont College offers two fully accredited academic Nursing programs that prepare graduates for careers as registered professional nurses.
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- Info on Bennington Water Project Vote
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- Military Leader Speaks on King's Life and Legacy
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."