Lecture on Peace and Civility at Southern Vermont College
January 28, 2013
A lecture on peace and civility in relation to Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech of hope and racial equality will be held at Southern Vermont College (SVC) on Tuesday, February 5. Free and open to the public, the lecture will take place in the College’s Everett Theatre at 2:20 p.m. followed by a reception in the Burgdorff Gallery.
The lecture will be presented by Dr. Thomas Redden, Professor of History and Politics, and Dr. Joan Sakalas, Adjunct Professor, both faculty members from The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences at SVC. Drs. Redden and Sakalas will address Dr. King’s dream of a peaceful community and civic engagement through service and social justice.
For more information on this event, contact Corie Steinke, Civic Engagement Coordinator, at 802-447-4667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Adjunct Faculty Member Speaks on "Keeping Vermont Spooky" at VT Vets Home
- "Wonder" Focus of Talk by Elem. Teacher Sam Drazin
- President Gross's HuffPost: "Rinse and and Repeat Does Not Work for College Admissions..."
- SVC Trustee's New Book on MahJongg Featured in NYTimes
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC