Lecture on Peace and Civility at Southern Vermont College
January 28, 2013
A lecture on peace and civility in relation to Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech of hope and racial equality will be held at Southern Vermont College (SVC) on Tuesday, February 5. Free and open to the public, the lecture will take place in the College’s Everett Theatre at 2:20 p.m. followed by a reception in the Burgdorff Gallery.
The lecture will be presented by Dr. Thomas Redden, Professor of History and Politics, and Dr. Joan Sakalas, Adjunct Professor, both faculty members from The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences at SVC. Drs. Redden and Sakalas will address Dr. King’s dream of a peaceful community and civic engagement through service and social justice.
For more information on this event, contact Corie Steinke, Civic Engagement Coordinator, at 802-447-4667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- Info on Bennington Water Project Vote
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- Military Leader Speaks on King's Life and Legacy
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."