Welcome Back President Gross!
January 18, 2013
Southern Vermont College celebrates the return of President Karen Gross on January, 22, 2013! Karen has been on leave from the College since January 15, 2012, having served as Senior Policy Advisor to the US Department of Education in Washington, DC. While in Washington, Karen worked on a variety of initiatives to promote educational success for students across the nation, including programs to assist returning service members and first generation college students complete their undergraduate education. Students, faculty, alumni and the Bennington community are invited to lively and engaging discussions with Karen about her experiences within the Beltway. Stay tuned for dates for both informal drop-in “Conversations with Karen,” and more formal presentations. She will also be walking the campus and visiting downtown Bennington upon her return to meet, greet and listen to campus and community members.
Linda M. Lippacher, R.T. (R), (M), M.A., Director of Radiologic Sciences Curriculum.
- SVC to Honor Higher Ed Leader and Former Asst Secy of the Air Force at Commencement
- Sarah Dahl, M.D., Named to SVC Board of Trustees
- Sharief Hashim Heads Men's JV Basketball and is Admissions Counselor
- President Gross at Research Symposium on Student Debt
- President Gross's Article in Hechinger Report on "Ten ways to make college more friendly to veterans"
- SVC Statement on North Adams Hospital Closing
- President Gross's Article in Huffington Post, "Bringing Our Best Selves to the Table:..."
- President Gross's Article in NEJHE, "Warren Recommendation on Student Debt:..."
- Student Philanthropists Investing in the Community