SVC welcomes international students, and since our campus is an hour away from Albany, New York, and three hours from New York City; Boston; and Montreal, Canada; international students have the opportunity to explore many exciting destinations in North America. In addition, SVC students have daily access to the beauty of Vermont's natural environment.
To formally apply to the College, an international student must submit the following:
- Completed Online Application;
- Official transcripts from secondary schools, colleges, and universities attended--officially translated into English;
- Two letters of recommendation (academic/guidance counselor)
- Personal essay;
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores (either paper or Internet-based test) if English is not the first or primary language of the student.
- It is necessary to submit a Certification of Finances form or letter from a bank or financial institution declaring financial ability to pay for one year's tuition, room and board.
Michelle Deal, Assistant Professor, The Hunter Division of Humanities