Quest for Success: The First Year Experience
Quest for Success (QFS): The First Year Experience course, is typically required of students who enter Southern Vermont College with fewer than 12 undergraduate transfer credits. This course provides students with stimulating learning challenges in small, supportive and closely supervised educational endeavors.
Quest for Success asks students to confront important questions, to engage each other — along with their professors and community partners — in dialogue, and to synthesize all their experiences academically, socially and psychologically. At its core, the QFS course offers a structured academic and interpersonal experience with an integrated on-campus or off campus service-learning project. This four-credit course is letter-graded and is instructed by specially selected, prepared SVC faculty.Learn more about service-learning at SVC.
Sara Diane Nolan, MSW
Adjunct Faculty, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences
- Athletics Celebrates at Annual Awards Banquet
- President Evans a Special Guest and Moderates a Symposium at Inauguration of Franklin College's President
- Sign up Now for Online or On-Campus Summer Classes
- Veteran Journalist Mike Donoghue '71 to be Commencement Speaker
- SVC Granted Approval for Online Nursing BSN Program
- David Evans Inaugurated as Ninth President of SVC
- Introducing The Good Neighbor Scholarship for Students in Area Communities