Quest for Success: The First Year Experience
Quest for Success (QFS): The First Year Experience course, is typically required of students who enter Southern Vermont College with fewer than 12 undergraduate transfer credits. This course provides students with stimulating learning challenges in small, supportive and closely supervised educational endeavors.
Quest for Success asks students to confront important questions, to engage each other — along with their professors and community partners — in dialogue, and to synthesize all their experiences academically, socially and psychologically. At its core, the QFS course offers a structured academic and interpersonal experience with an integrated on-campus or off campus service-learning project. This four-credit course is letter-graded and is instructed by specially selected, prepared SVC faculty.Learn more about service-learning at SVC.
Jennifer Nelson, Co-Chair, Assistant Professor of Mathematics.
- Muffie Harvey Rides Again!
- Enrich Your Life Through Fall Classes
- James C. White II, Ph.D., Named Provost
- Graduates in Radiologic Sciences Receive 100% Pass Rate on ARRT Exam
- 12 Student-Athletes Receive NECC All-Conference Academic Honors
- Nursing Division Accredited by CCNE
- Remarks by Commencement Speaker/Honorary Degree Recipient/Author/professor Moustafa Bayoumi
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES