Quest for Success: The First-Year Experience Course
Quest for Success (QFS), the first-year experience course, is typically required of students who enter Southern Vermont College with fewer than 12 undergraduate transfer credits. This course provides students with stimulating learning challenges in small, supportive and closely supervised educational endeavors.
Quest for Success asks students to confront important questions, to engage each other — along with their professors and community partners — in dialogue, and to synthesize all their experiences academically, socially and psychologically. At its core, the QFS course offers a structured academic and interpersonal experience with an integrated on-campus or off campus service-learning project. This four-credit course is letter-graded and is instructed by specially selected, prepared SVC faculty.Learn more about service-learning at SVC.
Assistant Professor, Lynda Sinkiewich, The Hunter Division of Humanities
- Adjunct Faculty Member Speaks on "Keeping Vermont Spooky" at VT Vets Home
- "Wonder" Focus of Talk by Elem. Teacher Sam Drazin
- President Gross's HuffPost: "Rinse and and Repeat Does Not Work for College Admissions..."
- SVC Trustee's New Book on MahJongg Featured in NYTimes
- NCAA Approves Athletic Consortium for Bennington College and SVC