Quest for Success: The First-Year Experience Course
Quest for Success (QFS), the first-year experience course, is typically required of students who enter Southern Vermont College with fewer than 12 undergraduate transfer credits. This course provides students with stimulating learning challenges in small, supportive and closely supervised educational endeavors.
Quest for Success asks students to confront important questions, to engage each other — along with their professors and community partners — in dialogue, and to synthesize all their experiences academically, socially and psychologically. At its core, the QFS course offers a structured academic and interpersonal experience with an integrated on-campus or off campus service-learning project. This four-credit course is letter-graded and is instructed by specially selected, prepared SVC faculty.Learn more about service-learning at SVC.
Assistant Professor and Chair Scott Stein, MS, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- 19 Student-Athletes Named to 2014 NECC Fall All-Academic Team
- Director of Veterans' Scholar Program to Speak at Wounded Military Heroes Event
- Men's & Women's Volleyball Interim Head Coach
- Asst. Dean/Sr. Dir. of Admissions and Rad Sciences Instructor to Serve on Advisory Committee at SW VT CDC
- President David Rees Evans, Ph.D.
- Nursing Chair to Serve on VT Board of Nursing Education Committee