Quest for Success: The First-Year Experience Course
Quest for Success (QFS), the first-year experience course, is typically required of students who enter Southern Vermont College with fewer than 12 undergraduate transfer credits. This course provides students with stimulating learning challenges in small, supportive and closely supervised educational endeavors.
Quest for Success asks students to confront important questions, to engage each other — along with their professors and community partners — in dialogue, and to synthesize all their experiences academically, socially and psychologically. At its core, the QFS course offers a structured academic and interpersonal experience with an integrated on-campus or off campus service-learning project. This four-credit course is letter-graded and is instructed by specially selected, prepared SVC faculty.Learn more about service-learning at SVC.
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President