Vermont State Colleges Dual Enrollment Program
The Vermont State Colleges Dual Enrollment Program allows academically prepared high school seniors (and highly qualified juniors) to earn college credit while still in high school or the summer after they graduate. Through the program, eligible students may take one college course, tuition free at Southern Vermont College.
The VSC Dual Enrollment Program:
- Challenges students through exposure to a college-level curriculum
- Reduces the time it takes to get a college degree
- Reduces the costs associated with college
- Is tuition free through the State of Vermont’s Next Generation Initiative
High school students who are interested in taking courses at Southern Vermont College through the Next Generation Initiative should contact their guidance counselor or the SVC representative listed below.
Sample Selection of 100-Level Courses Available to Dual Enrollment Students:
(Please see the Web site, http://www.svc.edu/registrar/schedules.html, for specific course days and times.)
MA101 Contemporary Math
MA105 Introductory Algebra
MA120 College Algebra
EN101 English Composition I (co-req EN00L, Writing Lab)
HC101 Intro to Health Care
CJ101 Intro to Criminal Justice
IT150 Fundamentals of Academic Computing
NS101 Physical World
NS120 Human Biology
For more information, contact:
Eric Parsons, Registrar, 802-447-6324 or email@example.com
Click here to fill out the Dual Enrollment Form to give to your guidance counselor to find out if you are eligible.
Melissa North, Instructor, Division of Nursing.
- Remarks by Commencement Speaker/Honorary Degree Recipient/Author/professor Moustafa Bayoumi
- SVC grads urged: Color outside the lines
- Graduates experience laughter, tears and wisdom
- Author Moustafa Bayoumi Commencement Speaker; Former President Karen Gross to Receive Honorary Degree
- SIGN UP NOW FOR SUMMER CLASSES